Friday, October 1, 2010

Clustering Accessories

The other request from my friend Sal was about clustering accessories.
Again, tricky! There's so many things you can do, so here's a few easy tips that are guaranteed to work!
(Click on the images to enlarge them if you need)

#1 Stick to groupings of 3 things, varying the heights...
#2 Make sure your cluster looks like a cluster by keeping everything REALLY close together (almost touching). Otherwise you'll just look like you've got stuff everywhere!
#3 Use trays to define the area - Especially great on coffee tables because they're so easy to pick up and move if you have little visitors!

#4 Make sure you have some free space as well!


#5 Try to vary textures and colours, but make sure that there's a bit of a "theme"

2 comments:

  1. Great post with lots of little tips I am going to re-read and try and put into practice here. Am happy to have discovered your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very helpful, thanks Luce!
    I've been thinking for a while that I need to invest in a tray for my coffee table...I am more inspired to do so now, so thanks!
    I hope you've had a nice week :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete